On March 28, 2020, the Resource Stewardship Division within the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development provided an update related to hunting and angling activities. The following information has been published on their website:
- Currently, the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) has not issued any orders restricting individuals from angling and/or hunting at this time.
- At all times, individuals are expected to follow the orders and guidance provided by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO).
- Specific guidance for angling and hunting activities, including but not limited to:
- Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with.
- Maintain physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet) from other individuals you come across.
- Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with.
- Fish and hunt locally.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc.
- Adhere to all travel advisories and self isolation requirements.
- Adhere to all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.).
- Many BC Parks and recreation sites are closed. It is suggested to check ahead.
- If you are not confident you can meet all of these conditions, please postpone your trip.
- All angling and hunting regulations and licensing requirements are still in effect.
- The Conservation Officer Service is continuing to operate across BC.
- Angling and hunting licences continue to be available online through BC Freshwater Fishing and BC Hunting Online.
- Service BC locations are only providing core services and will not be administering hunting licences.
- FrontCounter BC has closed all in-person locations.
- Angling and hunting licences may be available in-person through private vendors who are continuing to operate. It is suggested to call ahead.
For updates from the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please check this webpage.