Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Home Game Cutting

#1 User is offline   Belle Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

I recently came across an old VHS tape that Consevation Officers put together showing how to cut up your own game. I got this copy because one of the deer that was used for the demonstration was one out of our camp. What do you think of converting it to a digital form and posting it on your website for all to enjoy and learn from?

#2 User is offline   Huntwriter Icon

• BC Outdoors Writer
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMerritt, BC

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think that would be a great idea. You would have to check with the owners of this forum first.

Having grown up in a meat processing plant owner family cutting and butchering meat is second nature to me and I always get asked by others to show them how it is done right. With that said, I know that there is a real need for such a video.

#3 User is offline   Trevor Shpeley Icon

• Forum Admin
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

As long as there aren't copyright issues and it isn't a commercial venture I think it would be great to post it here. The best way to go about it would be to post the videos on youtube and then post the links here.

I'd love to watch it. My buddy and I dressed our first deer with the help of a library book we brought with us. It must have been very comical to watch the two newbies with a book in one hand and a knife in the other wondering why the insides didn't just roll out like the book said they would. ;)

Anyway, ya, post them, I think that would be great.

#4 User is offline   Belle Icon

• PipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Well I finally found the tape and transfered it to DVD, it's about 110 minutes in length called Meat Cuting Big Game, produced by Central Coast Productions 1987, no copyright attached to the video. That being said the length of the video, mot sure if it is copyrighted and my not to fondness of youtube, mabye one of your writers who lives in Mission can pickup a copy from me. I live there too and see one of your trucks driving around.

#5 User is offline   morris Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMission

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Belle
I am in Mission and would be glad to pick it up from you and attempt to get it on here. Shoot me a personal message with your contact info.

Rich

#6 User is offline   Bill Luscombe Icon

• Writer
  • Pip
  • Group: BC Outdoors Writer

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostBelle, on 18 April 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Well I finally found the tape and transfered it to DVD, it's about 110 minutes in length called Meat Cuting Big Game, produced by Central Coast Productions 1987, no copyright attached to the video. That being said the length of the video, mot sure if it is copyrighted and my not to fondness of youtube, mabye one of your writers who lives in Mission can pickup a copy from me. I live there too and see one of your trucks driving around.

Belle. What software did you use to transfer the VHS to DVD. I can't find anything that works.

#7 User is offline   Bill Luscombe Icon

• Writer
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

When I butcher my deer I don't do it like the normal beef butchering. I basically separate the muscle groups from the bone first then cut those into steaks, stewing venison, etc. Butchering a deer like a cow results in the muscle groups falling off the bone when cooked due to lack of connective tissue/fat, especially the steaks. The muscle group method works great.

Would make a good short article/photo lesson for the magazine maybe.

#8 User is offline   Belle Icon

• PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

The program I used is called "Roxio easy VHS to DVD", the staff in Staples suggested it as they do not do VHS conversions. It comes with software and cable hook ups to go from your video recorder/player to your computer or laptop. Easy enough to use, we have other home videos that I'm going to convert over before the tape deteriorates.

#9 User is offline   Bill Luscombe Icon

• Writer
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the software name.

#10 User is offline   604hunter Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

I use vlc media player. I have yet to find a file it will not play.

Here is the link http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I hope that helps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users