• You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome New folk! Tell us a few words about yourselves

#1 User is offline   Trevor Shpeley Icon

• Forum Admin
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

Welcome to the board. I see lots of new faces signing up, how about telling us a few words about where you are from and what you like to do in the BC Outdoors?

#2 User is offline   speycaster Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

I am a miserable old FA&T and I live in Grand Forks. :lol:

#3 User is offline   Kettlefisher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationGrand Forks, B.C.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

View Postspeycaster, on 11 January 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Yup...he is ...and so am I and we both live in Grand Forks so be very very careful....LOL

Bud
I am a rookie angler and until I have spent as much time on the water as I have working for a living I will remain a rookie......when I turn 113 I will consider myself to be an angler.

#4 User is offline   Kettlefisher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

By the Way ..................Welcome to the BC Outdoors site....not a bad place to be Mel

Bud
I am a rookie angler and until I have spent as much time on the water as I have working for a living I will remain a rookie......when I turn 113 I will consider myself to be an angler.

#5 User is offline   Trevor Shpeley Icon

• Forum Admin
  • Icon
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

View Postspeycaster, on 11 January 2011 - 11:46 PM, said:

Nonsense, you don't live in Grand Forks Mel ;)

#6 User is offline   Black Gnat Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

I am a newbie (I don't like the term myself) I live in Squamish. I fish rivers and lakes. My wife and I camp, explore, hike and love the outdoors. We enjoy all aspects and she is especially fond of birding. I will be falling into the category of miserable old fart in a few years and am catching on really fast.I hope to be a regular on the BC Outdoor Forum. Thankyou.

#7 User is offline   Kettlefisher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostBlack Gnat, on 12 January 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

I am a newbie (I don't like the term myself) I live in Squamish. I fish rivers and lakes. My wife and I camp, explore, hike and love the outdoors. We enjoy all aspects and she is especially fond of birding. I will be falling into the category of miserable old fart in a few years and am catching on really fast.I hope to be a regular on the BC Outdoor Forum. Thankyou.

Good to have you here, hopefully you will be entertained.

Bud

#8 User is offline   Jockscott Icon

• Pip
  • View gallery
  • LocationNorth Vancouver

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

Just signed up :-) moved to North Vancouver from Scotland almost 8 years ago and have been loving the BC outdoors ever since. Like to fish rivers, lakes and ocean. I fish using flies, spinners or bait. Looking forward to fishing Langara for the first time this June.

#9 User is offline   dblspey Icon

• Pip
  • LocationCowichan River

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

I'm retired and living on the Cowichan river. I am a member of the Cowichan Lake and River Stewardship Committee. I pretty much stick to fly fishing, and like to fish with old Hardy fly reels. In the winter and spring you will often find me out after steelhead with a spey rod. In the spring I spend a lot of time at Roche lake. I go to the Dean (DIY) for chinooks and steelhead. I do a bit of salt water fishing as well.

#10 User is offline   Trevor Shpeley Icon

• Forum Admin
  • Icon
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you folk on the board. Be sure to post your experiences and pictures for the rest of us to check out.

Cheers, Trevor

#11 User is offline   mtnlakes Icon

• Pip
  • LocationNorth Okanagan

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

I guess I am an old guy too (but dont feel like it). Like to fly fish small lakes but will chuck flies any where there seems to be a chance of a fish. I have never fished steelhead but would like to some time.

#12 User is offline   PG DAN Icon

• Writer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: BC Outdoors Writer

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

I am not that old but feel like an old guy most of the time :). Fishing medium to small sized streams is my passion, but I do fish lakes 50% of the time and fish for steelhead once a year. My favourite species in no particular order are rainbow trout, cutthroat trout (although it has been a while since I fished for them), bull trout, Arctic grayling and mountain whitefish. I also run my own website www.princegeorgeflyfisher.com

#13 User is offline   Black Gnat Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostJockscott, on 13 January 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

Just signed up :-) moved to North Vancouver from Scotland almost 8 years ago and have been loving the BC outdoors ever since. Like to fish rivers, lakes and ocean. I fish using flies, spinners or bait. Looking forward to fishing Langara for the first time this June.

#14 User is offline   Black Gnat Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

What part of the Old Country do you hail from? I was born in Dumfries, Squamish is now my home.

#15 User is offline   ab4j Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

signed up a few days ago after I got my subscription to the Fishing mag. I have been fly fishing for 4 years and love it. All my hardware is in the basement. I live west of Prince George.
ab4j

#16 User is offline   Kettlefisher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

View Postab4j, on 23 January 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

signed up a few days ago after I got my subscription to the Fishing mag. I have been fly fishing for 4 years and love it. All my hardware is in the basement. I live west of Prince George.
ab4j

Good to see you and Welcome.

Bud

#17 User is offline   speycaster Icon

• PipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Well if you want to get technical, it is area D Grand Forks. But I did not want to confuse those from the north end of the Okanogan. :lol:

#18 User is offline   Travis Icon

• Pip
  • LocationQuesnel

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Just signed up. I live in Quesnel, love to tie flies but not the best caster, still practicing... My wife and I enjoy hitting all the little lakes around here with our little aluminum boat. Moved here only a few years ago so we're still trying to find good fishing areas.

#19 User is offline   Kettlefisher Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

View PostTravis, on 25 January 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

Just signed up. I live in Quesnel, love to tie flies but not the best caster, still practicing... My wife and I enjoy hitting all the little lakes around here with our little aluminum boat. Moved here only a few years ago so we're still trying to find good fishing areas.

Welcome Travis, I like "speycaster" also live in Area "D" Grand Forks, retired and loving it.

Bud

#20 User is offline   flyfishingcouple Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

HIS

Well hello there. My wife and I love to fish all over this great provoince of ours with fly rods as much as is humanly possible.
Hence the user name. :)

Looking forward to sharing and reading about the rest of you. Been readers and fans of BC Outdoors for many, many years, though not long enough to be retired already, heck I'm just getting going.
We will both be posting under the same handle so I'm thinking we will use a 'His' 'Hers' designation similar to the Towels in the master bedroom. :)
She always knows when I use the 'show towels' in the biffy from all the hand prints, so don't surprised if 'she' isn't too far behind me if only to yell at me for dirtying the laundry.....

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users